Friday, January 20, 2012

I LIVE BLOG THE LEAFS VS. CANADIENS OUTDOOR ALUMNI GAME

4:49 - The game hasn't started yet. I'm about ready to grab a Go Train to Hamilton... the Hammer... home of adequate and functional Ivor Wynn stadium; the facility that was not quite good enough for the Pan Am games.
I can't hide my disappointment that Aki Berg will not be playing with the Leafs alumni. Have I ever mentioned the time a friend saw him buying his own game-used sticks at the ACC?
True story. 
More to come.

7:20 - This city is something outta batman. I think someone is gonna stab me.


7:33 - Overheard some dudes complaining that outdoor hockey game was a big sausagefest. Ummm... What did you expect?

7:53 - had to stand through Montreal team intro because ass is freezing on seat. Look out hemeroids, here I come


8:21 - Fan named chastity answers trivia question correctly. Something tells me Hamilton women and chastity are usually mutually exclusive

8:41 - End of 1st period. Leafs 4, Habs 3. Perhaps the slowest 20 minutes of hockey I've ever seen

9:09 - Darcy Tucker has really let himself go. Reasons why grown men shouldn't wear another man's name on their back


9:11 - Oh, yeah, Toronto 6, Habs 3

9:13 - Announcers remind the crowd Georges Leroque is member of the green party... For the fortieth time

9:17 - Announcer says "he can see George laroques white teeth from here"... Is that racist??

9:22 - some hockey player musician is playing sweet Caroline. He sounds just like Neil diamond. Tucker is losing his shit


9:36 - it's too cold... I'm going... Final score: 8-8

9:37 - ok, I didn't stay til the end, don't know the actual score. But it's Hamilton so really, there are no winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment