Sunday, August 7, 2011

Canada's Got Talent - as long as that talent isn't cartography

So I was watching TV the other day and came across this commercial for an upcoming Canadian version of the "miscellaneous country's got talent" franchise. That in and of itself pisses me off, but doesn't really surprise me, because Canada doesn't need any more shitty television content, but seems to be more than competent in creating this type of drivel.

What really gets me about this commercial is the COMPLETE LACK OF GEOGRAPHICAL AWARENESS OF THE COUNTRY OF CANADA. I mean how lazy are the turds at CityTV who put this together?



Have you douchebags ever looked at a map of your own country, or are you too busy proving that Ron Burgandy was actually reflective of real anchormen?

Gord Martineau, I'm looking at you (skip ahead to about 1:00 for the good stuff)

2 comments:

  1. they changed the locations around so that they were centered, easier to see on the screen.

    also so that the labels wouldn't overlap each other

    thought that was obvious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obvious? Ignorant and lazy is more like it. i can understand a slight move but look at Halifax. It's nowhere close to it's actual location. I understand making the map easy to read, but you're telling me a designer couldn't fit the cities in at their actual locations? Then why use a map at all? What's the point of placing cities at arbitrary locations on the map? Why not just list the participating cities?

    ReplyDelete