Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Building a 60ft Anubis Robot Looks More Difficult Than I Initially Thought

This one is off the cuff. This is Cashew just talking like a normal guy.
I'm talking to you like I'd talk to a pal and/or buddy. You know, I'm dropping the journalistic integrity. I'm dropping to one knee and speaking mano-a-mano to you, my forgiving public.

You see, I may have bitten off a little bit more than I could chew.
I kinda lied to all of you - all of my loyal readers.

You see, it turns out building a 60ft tall Anubis robot is actually fairly difficult.

I've made calls to various people and places: universities, engineering firms, military consultants. No one is able to build the robot I promised in time for the election, let alone within a reasonable budget.

So I did what anyone would do in my shoes... I turned to the experts at Yahoo Answers.

And quite frankly, my new friend David F really helped me out. I didn't even consider public safety OR design stability when I proposed this creation.

I've posted his response below; in the meantime I would greatly appreciate help from anyone with ANY robot experience. You can reach me at cashew.mirman@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment